January 27, 2016

Spring light Hospital

My labor pain started at about 4 am on Jan 23. 
We were told to 'ren' until cannot 'ren' before we prepare to go to the hospital. 
The contractions came pretty irregularly because i could not accurately decide when the pain was at its peak. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, moving my upper body front and back whenever contractions came. 

And finally at noon time, Byron decided to bring me to the hospital. 
I actually thought it was still early because my contraction intervals were still irregular.
We took a cab and went into the labor room. 
The nurse came to check and i was 3cm dilated. 
Luckily she said that its dilated enough to check in to the hospital. 

We went into the family labor room to wait till it becomes 10cm. 
By 2pm the pain was soooo bad. So the doc strongly recommended epidural. 
The male doctor who looked like Baik Jongwon, tried to explain to me in his best english. Hahahaha. 

I managed to get some rest with the epidural. 
And by evening time. THe epidural seemed to fade and i started feeling very 
strong contractions. The nurse said it is dilated enough to push, and told me to 
try pushing on my own. I tried it with Byron many times, using my entire strength. 
And when the nurse came back, she said try again.... ㅠㅠ 

By 8pm, i could hear next door's baby's first cry.. and that comforted me, 
but also made my angry.. because if the doctor came in earlier, i could have given birth earlier. i didnt know why they had to take sooo long to come. 

Suddenly out of nowhere, at nine plus, a doctor and nurses came in and prepared everything very quickly. A normal ward suddenly turned into a surgery room. ahahaa very drama. Two nurses helped to push the baby down, and within 2 or 3 pushes, Bridget came out. 

It was after she came out that the horror began. Stitching. I could literally feel every stitch. I could have sued the hospital.... anesthetics didnt work at all. I was shivering and trembling the most dramatically. like my body was shivering more that 10cm if normal shivering makes you move 0.5cm. (Hopefully u get what i mean.) After the entire surgery, i was still trembling for the next few hours. ㅠㅠㅠ 












1 comment:

stef said...

Omg you were so brave!! T.T